I made these brownies yesterday because I was bored….but the brownies were anything but boring. It was one of those days when I did not want to do the weekend chores or run errands. Since it snowed on Saturday, walking wasn’t the best way to spend the afternoon. So, why not bake some brownies so that we can eat warm sticky chocolatey brownies….why sticky and chocolatey….because the recipe says so!
I started taking the pictures with 3 brownies in the plate,
And then started nibbling….
And, then a few minutes later, between clicking the pictures and snacking…..
And, another a few minutes later…..only 2 left.
I thought it would be okay to stop clicking and eat the brownies…….it sure was an afternoon well spent with sticky chocolate brownies.
To make these sticky brownies, I used:
3 oz. unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
4 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8 x 8 inch pan and line the pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter, sugars, chocolate and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat together eggs and vanilla, and whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Stir together the flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder and fold gently into the egg and chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely, dust with confectioner’s sugar, and cut into squares (makes large 9 squares).
Recipe courtesy: Blissful Brownies